Adur and Worthing Community Food Network
The Community Food Network is made up of a variety of groups and organisations who work together to coordinate food provision and support for our neighbours in Adur & Worthing
The network originally was funded by the National Lottery Community Fund. The network meets bi-monthly to update each other, network and develop shared approaches, share learning and resources, brainstorm ideas to help each other, and provide mutual support.
In 2023, we were delighted to work in partnership with some of the Food Network members and Adur & Worthing Councils to raise £22,500. This paid for food for local residents during the cost of living crisis.
A variety of projects of all shapes and sizes regularly attend these meetings. Some provide weekly parcels and have created community cafes, others provide food on school holidays and throw community food events for neighbours.
The organisations that take an active part in the Adur & Worthing Community Food Network are:
- Adur Community Café
- Adur & Worthing Council
- Broadwater Support Group
- Community House (Worthing Homes)
- Lancing and Sompting Food Bank
- Food Pioneers
- Gateway Hub
- Fishersgate Lighthouse Church
- Maybridge Community Church
- Turning Tides
- Shoreham Food Bank
- St. Matthews Church
- West Sussex County Council
- Worthing Seventh Day Adventist
- Worthing Food Foundation
- Worthing Vegan Food Bank
- Worthing Soup Kitchen
To find out more about the work of the Food Network please see their website
If you would like to join this network and/or the email group where we share information, or simply find out more, please email Jess Estcourt, Relationships and Development Manager email@example.com
Meetings dates for 2023
Next meeting: tbc
Wednesday 7 June, 1pm to 3pm, at The Shoreham Centre, Pond Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5WU
It was an in person catch up, where attandess heard from others about the latest developments.
Tuesday 18 April 2023, 10.00am to 11:30am on Zoom
UKHarvest Community Food Hubs
- UKHarvest Community Food Hubs Information Poster
- UKHarvest Community Food Hubs – Worthing
- UKHarvest Community Food Hubs – Southwick
- Opening a Pantry – Some information about the support Your Local Pantry offers, if people want to set up a Pantry or if people want to join the network.
- Impact of Epsom Pantry on the use of Epsom & Ewell Foodbank: summary report and full report
- Feeding Britain – List of food suppliers (Feb 2023)
Wednesday 22 February 2023
The meeting was focused on Food Models.
- Presentation from Ruby Makepeace-Somerville from Sussex Community Development Association
- Presentation from Sarah Morison from UK Harvest
This report focuses on the growing demand, community action, the impact of cost of living, the role of volunteers, the challenges and the ambition of the food network to tackle food poverty in Adur and Worthing.