Join the 500+ other groups and organisations who make use of our support and events to achieve their aims.
As a member, you will have priority access to many benefits, from the minute you apply to join us!
Whether you’re a new community group, a charity or a not for profit, Community Works is here to help you achieve your aims.
You will have priority access to our support and events from the minute you apply to join us.
Support & Resources
- Prioritised access to one to one advice and support for your specific needs
- Resources and good practice guides
- Connect with other members through email groups
Learn and collaborate
- Prioritised access to events and network meetings; meet other groups, learn together and influence local plans
- Prioritised access and reduced fees for training
- Mentoring programme
Your voice heard
- Sector representation; be heard and influence local policy and decision making
- Promote your organisation by featuring in our members’ online directory
- Share your news, request support, and stay updated with members-only email groups and a monthly newsletter
Tell me more
Can my group or organisation join now?
- Are you a community group, voluntary organisation, charity or a not-for-profit organisation?
- Is your organisation active in or operate to support communities in Adur & Worthing and or Brighton & Hove?
If you can say yes to all of the above, you can apply to join!
What do we need?
You will need to have:
- A constitution or other accepted rules of working
- Aims, objectives and working methods that are written down in a publically available document
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of equality and diversity
- A commitment to safeguarding staff, volunteers and service users.
Don’t worry if you are new to this. We can help you to develop all of the above.
If your organisation is a community interest company, not-for-profit company or social enterprise, we expect you to have a constitution or governing document which shows you have an asset lock and anybody can apply to be on your governing body.
Is membership free for our organisation?
Membership is free for those with an annual income below £35,000.
Income above £35,000? Your fee gives you two years of membership benefits:
|Your annual income||Fee||Monthly equivalent|
What's your code of conduct?
Your knowledge and skills are highly valued and respected by Community Works. In turn, we’re committed to providing spaces and services which are enjoyable, informative and look after the wellbeing of all our members, our guests, our staff and our volunteers.
Our Members Code of Conduct sets out how we can best achieve that together.